Conagra Foods has agreed to pay 15¢ for each bottle of Wesson cooking oil to customers. The company ready to settle the case against it. According to this Cooking Oil Settlement, the lawsuit claimed that the company mislabels its products as “100% natural.”
People who purchased Wesson cooking oil while in California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Nebraska, New York, Ohio, Oregon, South Dakota, and Texas can get compensation.
The timeframes for the purchase range from Jan. 12, 2006 and July 1, 2017.
Case Summary -Cooking Oil Settlement
Lead plaintiffs filed the class action lawsuit against Welson in 2011. They put allegations that the, Conagra, falsely advertised its products as “100% natural.”
Further, according to the Wesson Cooking Oil Settlement, the cooking oil derived from genetically modified organisms, thus it was not natural. The plaintiffs said that they and others would not have expected a fraud with product labeled as natural.
However, Conagra agreed to pay compensation as well as injunctive relief to class members in order to end the Wesson cooking oil class action lawsuit.
All the Class Members can claim for 15¢ for each Wesson product purchased during the appropriate time frame which is mention further in eligible section.
Moreover, class Members who wish to opt out or exclude themselves from the Wesson cooking oil class action settlement must do so by Aug. 6, 2019.
Who Are Eligible To File The Claim?
Class Members include those who purchased Wesson cooking oil products in one of 11 different states during certain timeframes, including:
- California between June 28, 2007, through July 1, 2017
- Colorado between Jan. 12, 2009 through July 1, 2017
- Florida between Jan. 12, 2008 through July 1, 2017
- Illinois between Jan. 12, 2007 through July 1, 2017
- Indiana between Jan. 12, 2006 through July 1, 2017
- Nebraska between Jan. 12, 2008 through July 1, 2017
- New York between Jan. 12, 2008 through July 1, 2017
- Ohio between Jan. 12, 2010 through July 1, 2017
- Oregon between Jan. 12, 2006 through July 1, 2017
- South Dakota between Jan. 12, 2006 through July 1, 2017
- Texas between Jan. 12, 2010 through July 1, 2017
Up to $4.50 without receipts.
Proof of Purchase
No proof is required to claim up to 30 units of Wesson Oil. But, according to the Cooking Oil Class Action Settlement, the class members who want to claim for more than 30 units need to submit proof of purchase.
Claim Form Deadline
In re: ConAgra Foods Inc.,
Case No. 2:11-cv-05379,
in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California