Did you buy any zurn pex pipe for your own or leased home or business from Zurn between 1996 and 2010?
If yes, then you can file a claim to get compensation prize. The Zurn ready to pay compensation money to the Class Members to resolve the class action lawsuit. The Zurn pex pipe class action lawsuit alleges the company sold defective F1807 Pipe Fittings. Those pipe fittings were prematurely degraded, leak and cause damage to the building structure. The class action lawsuit also claims that according to the warranty for pipe fittings the Zurn should also pay for repair cost to the class members.
But, Zurn denied any wrongdoing and agreed to $20 million as a settlement amount under class action lawsuit settlement.
Result Of Lawsuit Settlement:
- Class Members who experienced even a single leak in a zurn pex pipe fitting due to corrosion are eligible for the benefits under lawsuit settlement.
- These benefits include will be given as payment for property damages due to leaks. But for this, you have to provide the proof of the presence of the F1807 Fittings in your property.
- Also, you have to submit the documents like photographs, invoices, video to prove that leak was due to corrosion.
- Claimants who filed a claim without any documentation may not get compensation.
- If you own a small or medium Structure with two or more leaks before April 1, 2020, whose root cause was corrosion in F1807 fittings, you may get claim up to 60% of the re-plumb cost.
- However, the only way to receive compensation money from the Zurn plumbing settlement is to submit a claim form with required documents before the deadline.
Eligibility For Claim:
- All the Class Members of the Zurn class action settlement that owns or owned property with brass crimp fittings manufactured to ASTM standard F1807.
- All those people and entities that paid for pipe damage or repairs caused by a leak in a Zurn pipe F1807 fitting due to corrosion.
Deadline For Claim Form:
- With a leak or occlusion in zurn pex pipe, occurs on or before April 1, 2013, the deadline is April 1, 2014.
- If a leak or occlusion occurs after April 1, 2013, then the deadline is 12 months after an eligible leak or occlusion occurs.
- Zurn will not pay any claims to those who submit claim form after April 1, 2020.
Up to $100,000.
Details Of The Filed Case:
In re Zurn Pex Plumbing Products Liability Litigation,
Case No. 8-cv-01958, U.S. District Court,
District of Minnesota
Zurn Pex Claims Administrator
c/o Epiq Systems P.O. Box 3266 Portland,
OR 97208-3266 1 (877) 341-4602