The defendants has released $45 million amount as settlement to resolve the Iowa Grain Processing Corporation class action lawsuit. According to the lawsuit the case was against the company plant.
According to the Iowa Grain Processing Corporation class action lawsuit the company’s plant in Muscatine pollutes the environment. It states that the smoke, odor and haze produced from the plant irritates the surrounding area.
The case action settlement put condition on eligibility of the Class Members. According to this settlement the people are eligible for the claim if they meet the following requirements:
- If they have property in the affected of class area between April 24, 2007, and September 1, 2017.
- If you rent or own any property or have independent space in the affected area between the said time period.
- You are not at high post or employed by GPC on post like manager, director, president, vice president and senior vice president.
- You did not opt out of the class action settlement in 2017.
For the convenience of the class members, there is a map of affected class area for that you can see to check your eligible area. The map is available on the settlement website from where you can easily check your eligibility.
The compensation amount to each class member will depends upon the proximity of the Iowa Grain Processing Corporation plant. This will also depends upon the level of modeled air population from the plant at the Class Member’s property, and how long the Class Member used that.
Further, the Iowa Grain Processing Corporation class action settlement also cover the installation of anti-pollution measures at the place of plant over the next five years. These measures will help and aim to reduce harmful emissions and odor in the surrounding area of company.
Note: The Class Members who want to object or opt out of the to the terms and conditions of the settlement must do so by Jan. 3, 2019.
$2,000 – $16,000 per claimants
- The estimate of payment for Claimants in area with the highest modeled concentrations of pollutants is $12,000 to $16,000 per individual.
- The estimate of claim money for Claimants who lived in properties with mid-level modeled concentrations of pollutants is $6,000 to $8,000 per individual.
- And, the estimated payment range for Claimants who lived in the areas with the lowest modeled concentrations of pollutants is from $2,000 to $4,000.”
Dead line to file a claim
Details of the filed case:
Freeman, et al. v. Grain Processing Corporation, Case No. LACV021232, in the Iowa District Court for Muscatine County
GPC Settlement Administrator
c/o Rust Consulting Inc – 5765
PO Box 44
Minneapolis MN 55440-0044