A class action settlement has been reached under the Fitbit sleep tracker lawsuit.
People who purchased and registered a Fitbit Flex, Fitbit One, or Fitbit Ultra online between Sept. 1, 2009, and Oct. 27, 2014, they could get $12.50 from the settlement.
To file the claim for compensation the consumers provided with the e-mail address for their online registered device. Check the states and corresponding Class periods for the product in the eligibility section mention below.
Lead plaintiffs alleged in the class action lawsuit that the company advertised the devices falsely. By the company, Consumers were told that Fitbit a wearable fitness tracking device would also track their sleep patterns, which is not true.
However, the readings of Fitbit reportedly varied by more than an hour. Further, according to the Fitbit class action lawsuit, consumers paid $30 more for Fitbit sleep tracker feature. Moreover, the plaintiffs accused that the Fitbit Inc. falsely advertise the sleep tracker, contending the device couldn’t track sleep patterns accurately.
However, the defendant and plaintiffs originally settled the Fitbit sleep tracker class action lawsuit in August 2018. But, a California federal judge kicked the deal back because of its reliance on coupons as relief for Class Members.
Now, according to the latest terms of the proposed Fitbit class action settlement, the Class Members can claim for $12.50 per device. If they purchased more than one product, then they have to submit a separate Claim Form for each Fitbit. Class Members may submit a claim online or by mail.
Who are eligible to file a claim?
The Class Members who bought and registered affected Fitbit devices online in certain states during specific time periods.
The product includes: Fitbit Flex Fitbit One Fitbit Ultra
Here is the detail of states and corresponding Class periods:
- California from Sept. 1, 2009, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Florida from Sept. 1, 2009, to Oct. 27, 2014
- New York from March 26, 2012, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Michigan from March 26, 2012, to Oct. 27, 2014
- New Jersey from March 26, 2012, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Pennsylvania from March 26, 2012, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Ohio from March 26, 2012, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Missouri from March 26, 2013, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Illinois from March 26, 2013, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Texas from March 26, 2014, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Georgia from March 26, 2014, to Oct. 27, 2014
- North Carolina from March 26, 2014, to Oct. 27, 2014
- Washington from March 26, 2014, to Oct. 27, 2014
Deadline to file the claim:
Details of the filed case
Brickman, et al. v. Fitbit Inc.,
Case No. 3:15-cv-02077,
in the U.S. District Court
for the Northern District of California
Brickman v. Fitbit Inc. Settlement Administrator
c/o KCC Class Action Services
P.O. Box 404104 Louisville,
KY 40233-4104 1-855-336-4163