Electrolux Home Products Inc. has agreed to pay compensation to settle a class action lawsuit against it. According to the Electrolux dryer class action lawsuit some of its dryers had defects that can cause fire accident. Further, the lawsuit alleges that the Electrolux breached warranties, was negligent which violated consumer protection laws. Thus the company profited unlawfully from the sale of defective dryers.
If you purchased any freestanding clothes dryers from Electrolux between Jan. 1, 2002 and Dec. 31, 2011, then you could get benefits from the settlement.
Electrolux denies about the allegations on it about defective dryers or their cause of unreasonable fire hazard. But, the company has agreed to settle the Electrolux dryer class action lawsuit to avoid expense on further litigation.
Eligibility For Claim:
All the Class Members of the Electrolux dryer class action settlement in the United States. All those people who purchased or currently own any new freestanding clothes dryer of the following brands manufactured by Electrolux.
Frigidaire, Kelvinator, White Westinghouse, Gibson, Tappan, and Kenmore brand.
The Electrolux dryer class action settlement includes two Subclasses which are as follow
- Class Members who have experienced a dryer fire
- Those people who will experience a dryer fire due to defective purchase in the future.
Note: if you do not qualify for claim according to the eligibility criteria, then do not file a class action lawsuit claim. It will give you no benefits just wastage of time.
Deadline to file a claim:
12/15/2014 —for dryer cleaning service, reimbursement of past dryer fires
12/31/22 — for reimbursement of future dryer fires
If you want compensation for defective Electrolux dryer, then do not forget to file a claim before the deadline.
- The Electrolux class action settlement provides the following benefits to qualifying Class Members:
- A Cash rebate or online voucher code worth up to $350 off the purchase of a new Frigidaire or Electrolux brand home appliance or product
- A free dryer cleaning service
- Class members get Up to $1,300 for out-of-pocket expenses due to a fire in a dryer.
Details of the filed case:
Shawn Roberts, et al. v. Electrolux Home Products Inc., Case No. 8:12-cv-01644-CAS-VBK, in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California, Western Division
Electrolux Dryer Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 43268
Providence, RI 02940-3268