California consumers have reached a class action settlement with Wise Company to resolve the lawsuit against it. The allegations on the Wise Company were that it misrepresented expiry time of its emergency food kits.
Did you purchase any food products from the Wise Company between Feb. 15, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2017? If yes, then you could get up to $1,400 per product from the class action settlement. There are more than 20 products which are included in this settlement.
The lead plaintiffs claimed that the Wise Company of food kits deceptively ad the product. They said that the company’s food kit was not sustains a person for the listed amount of time advertised. Further, the Wise long-term food class action lawsuit said that the calories provided by the food kits would lead to serious health effects. Thus, the company violated California consumer protection laws.
Wise Company agreed to pay claimants $15 to $1,400 per product as a part of a settlement agreement to end the lawsuit. In addition, the company also agreed to change its marketing strategies for the food kits. Specifically, the companies will no longer list that its food kits will provide a certain number of meals for a certain number of days.
Note: the Class Members who did not purchase any food kit directly from company or who cannot provide a claim ID number, need to submit proof of purchase of purchase.
Eligibility to file the claim:
Class Members who purchased any of the following products from Wise Company in California between Feb. 15, 2013 and Dec. 31, 2017 are eligible for claim.
- Month Emergency Food Supply Box
- 56 Serving Breakfast/Entrée Bucket
- 84 Serving Grab and Go Bucket
- 240 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 3-Month Emergency Food Supply Box
- 360 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 6-Month Emergency Food Supply Box
- 720 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 1080 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 12-Month Emergency Food Supply Box
- 1440 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 2160 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 2880 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- 4320 Serving Long-Term Food Supply Package
- Ultimate Emergency Prepper Pack
Deadline to file the claim
$15 to $1,400 per product
Details of the filed case:
Miller v. Wise Company,
Case No. 5:17-cv-00616-JAK-PLA,
in the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Miller v. Wise Company Inc. Settlement Administrator
c/o KCC Class Action Services
PO Box: 404000 Louisville,
KY 40233-4000 (866) 447-1736