Did you purchase any Asahi beer brewed between April 5, 2013, and December 20, 2018, outside Japan? If yes, then you can file a claim against the defendant to get compensation prize. An Asahi Beer class action settlement was reached, and you can get upto $10 from this settlement. According to this class action lawsuit the Asahi beer is marketed as being made in Japan, but in reality, it was brewed in Canada that is outside Japan.
To get the claim money you do not need to submit any proof of purchase, without any evidence you can claim under the settlement.
Who filed the class action lawsuit against the defendant?
The class action lawsuit was filed by the plaintiffs named as Matin Shalikar and Alexander Panvini. They allege that the language used on the packaging of Asahi Beer’s was Japanese words and characters. They further added that they and other customers’ buy this as a product of Japan whereas the beer brewed in Canada.
However, the Asahi Beer agreed to pay the settlement amount to customers’ to settle the case against them. The Asahi Beer has agreed to pay up to $10 per household depending on the versions of the beer purchased by customers’.
The Payout amounts include
- 10¢ for one big bottle of Asahi Beer
- 50¢ per six-pack of Asahi Beer bottles or cans
- $1 per 12 pack of Asahi Beer cans and $2 for every 24-pack of Asahi Beer cans.
The Class Members who want to object out of the Asahi Beer settlement have to given in writing by July 16, 2019. And, all those who wish to be excluded from the settlement terms have time until June 25, 2019.
Eligibility for the claim:
- Class Members and consumers should be from the United States (including territories and U.S. military facilities)
- All the customers’ who bought a bottle or can of Asahi Beer for personal use between April 5, 2013, and December 20, 2018.
- Also, all the California residents who purchased Asahi Beer for household use during the same timeframe.
Note: Asahi Beer includes all bottles or cans of Asahi brand Beer brewed outside Japan and sold in the United States. This also includes Asahi Super Dry and Asahi Select beers,” the Asahi Beer class action settlement states.
Final date to file a claim:
Up to $10
Details of the filed case:
Matin Shalikar v. Asahi Beer USA Inc.,
Case No. BC702360 pending in the Superior Court of the State of California,
County of Los Angeles.
Shalikar v. Asahi Beer Settlement Administrator
c/o KCC Class Action Services P.O. Box 404000
Louisville, KY 40233-4000 1-866-447-6219