Did you purchase a new qualifying vehicle in between 1996 to 2016 with more than real value?
If yes, file a claim under automotive parts price-fixing lawsuit. You will get compensation for the same.
One of the plaintiffs filed the case in the court against makers of automotive parts. According to the lawsuit, the makers involved in a price-fixing scheme.
The automotive parts price-fixing lawsuit involves consumers and businesses. Those who purchased/leased qualifying new vehicles or automotive parts.
Parts of vehicles covered in litigation:
- Air conditioning systems, alternators, and automotive bearings.
- Wire harness system, electrically powered steering assemblies.
- Heater control panel, instrument panel cluster, and inverter
- A motor generator.
- Occupant safety restraint systems, and power window.
- radiators, spark plugs, and window wiper systems.
The two rounds of settlements have been reached with defendants.
Following is the list of defendants of “round 1 settlement”.
- Autoliv Inc., Autoliv ASP Inc., Autoliv B.V. & Co. KG,and Autoliv Safety Technology Inc.
- Autoliv Japan Ltd.
- Fujikura Ltd. and Fujikura Automotive America LLC
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd.
- Kyungshin-Lear Sales and Engineering LLCLear Corporation
- Nippon Seiki Co. Ltd., N.S. International Ltd. and New Sabina Industries Inc.
- Panasonic Corporation and Panasonic Corporation of North America
- Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., and Sumitomo Wiring Systems Ltd.
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems Inc., and Sumitomo Wiring Systems (U.S.A.) Inc.
- RAD Co. Ltd and T.RAD North America Inc.
- TRW Deutschland Holding GmbH and TRW Automotive Holdings Corporation
- Yazaki and Yazaki North America Inc.
Following is the list of defendants involved in “round 2 settlement”.
- Aisin Seiki Co. Ltd. and Aisin Automotive Casting LLC
- DENSO Corporation, DENSO International Korea Corporation
- DENSO Automotive Deutschland GmbH and ASMO North America LLC.
- ASMO Greenville of North Carolina Inc., and ASMO Manufacturing Inc.
- Furukawa Electric Co. Ltd. and American Furukawa Inc.
- Electech Inc., G.S. Wiring Systems Inc., and G.S.W. Manufacturing Inc.
- LEONI Wiring Systems Inc. and Leonische Holding Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric US Holdings Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America Inc.
- NSK Ltd., NSK Americas Inc., NSK Steering Systems Co. Ltd. NSK Steering Systems America Inc.
- Omron Automotive Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
- Sumitomo Riko Co. Ltd. and DTR Industries Inc.
- Tokai Rika Co. Ltd. and TRAM Inc. d/b/a Tokai Rika U.S.A. Inc.
- Valeo Japan Co. Ltd. on behalf of itself and Valeo Inc. Valeo Electrical Systems Inc. Valeo Climate Control Corp.
Some defendants have announced settlement but some had made no settlement yet.
List of defendants who made the settlement
- June 15, 2017, Koito announced $22.99 million to settle the claims against them.
- June 20, 2017, Diamond Electric give $5.396 million settlement
- Oct. 2, 2017, Mitsuba agreed to pay $72 million settlement resolving claims.
- On Feb. 27, 2018, a federal judge preliminarily approved a Calsonic $11M.
And, the total settlement reaches more than $1 billion.
Eligibility for Claim:
The Class Members who bought or lease any qualifying vehicle in the U.S from 1996 to 2016. Those who replace their vehicle parts between the said time.
Deadline To File Claim:
To be determined.
Details of the Filed Case
In re Automotive Parts Antitrust Litigation,
Case No. 2311, in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Round 1 Settlement: 5/11/2016
Round 2 Settlement: 4/19/2017
Auto Parts Settlements
c/o Garden City Group (GCG)
P.O. Box 10163
Dublin, OH 43017-3163
Click here for more information!