Here you will find Class Action Frequently Asked Questions:
How Much Do Class Action Lawsuits Cost?
Lead attorneys and separate law firms named in class action lawsuits pay the claim’s costs and out-of-pocket expenses. These advocates work on a contingent fee basis and can seek reimbursement for their expenditures and request attorney fees only if they prevail.
Who are Settlement Administrators?
The court appoints third-party settlement administrators to control settlement claim processing. Administrators hold many duties that include:
- Creating court-approved websites containing lawsuit information
- Informing class members on how to register claims
- Distributing settlement notices to class members
- Managing electronic claim form submission
- Reviewing claims and either permitting or disallowing joinder
- Supplying class members with court documents, updates and status
- Paying out valid claim awards